Tom and Jerry: Back to Oz is a 2016 film and a sequel to the 2011 film Tom and Jerry & The Wizard of Oz. It is also the first sequel in the Direct-to-video film series of the Tom & Jerry franchise. It was released on DVD on June 21, 2016.
Tap your heels together three times and prepare to journey over the rainbow once again, for another delightful adventure with the cantankerous cat and the mischievous mouse in Tom and Jerry: Back to Oz. The Wicked Witch of the West may have been defeated but it’s not long before a new villain emerges and threatens the magical Land of Oz! Only Tom and Jerry’s brilliant antics are clever enough to take on this new adversary. When the Gnome King and his army surface from beneath Oz and capture the Good Witch, the wizard turns to Tom, Jerry and Dorothy for help. He brings them back to Oz to help stop the evil monarch, who has threatened to take control of Emerald City. Having wreaked havoc throughout Oz, the Gnome King and his army need one thing to finalize their conquest – Dorothy’s ruby slippers! It’s up to Tom and Jerry to use their quick wits and clever schemes to save Oz. Dorothy’s cherished friends, the Lion, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow and her little dog Toto too, join in their valiant efforts. Will the Gnome King take over Emerald City or will Tom and Jerry’s hilarious high jinks save the day? The result is a rip-roaring, fun-filled, magical adventure Tom and Jerry fans won’t want to miss!
- The movie was originally titled Tom and Jerry: Return to Oz.
- Jitterbug, Mouse Queen and the Hungry Tiger appear as new characters.
- Gnome King appears as the main antagonist.
- This film is dedicated to the memory of Joe Alaskey, who died during production.
- Dorothy, Tin Man, Butch, Droopy, Glinda the Good Witch of the North, Flying Monkeys, Toto, Cowardly Lion and Scarecrow returned for the sequel.
- Dorothy reveals that in eight months after this film takes place, she'll be 15, making her 14 years old.